SonShine Preschool and Childcare Programs
The educational philosophy of SonShine Early Childhood Center is based on the belief that children develop holistically and that all skills - cognitive, physical, social and emotional - are interdependent on each other. We believe that children construct their own knowledge and that the process of doing, experiencing and learning is much more important than the final product. An emergent curriculum that follows the lead given by the children's own interests makes for more meaningful connections and assists in promoting a life-long love of learning.
It is our goal to support and partner with parents to advance each child's knowledge, skill and character by:
- Providing a safe, stimulating and developmentally appropriate environment
- Assuring each child they are valued and loved
- Encouraging children to explore their world
- Supporting children in problem-solving skills
- Aiding children in developing self-regulation and pro-social behavior
- Providing opportunities to experience success.
Infants (6 weeks~) 5 days, 4 days, 3 days/week
Toddlers (17 months ~) 5 days, 4 days, 3 days/week
Preschool (33 months ~) 5 days, 4 days, 3 days/week, 5 half days (8-1pm)/week